Sending Transcripts to Sonoma State

When submitting your transcripts, scores and other official documents for your application, please use one of these options. 

students on campus

Option 1: Mail

Mail all transcripts to:

Sonoma State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928

Option 2: Electronic Transcripts

SSU accepts electronic transcripts from two electronic exchange services:

SSU does not accept direct email attachments of official or unofficial transcripts from students or 3rd parties.

Document Due Dates

Type of Student Dates
First-Time Freshmen
  • 7th semester/mid-year transcripts (only if requested) due by January 31st
  • Official final high school transcript due by July 10th
Transfer Students
  • Spring Term: Official Final Transcripts due by January 10th
  • Fall Term: Official Final Transcripts due by July 10th
Graduate Students
  • Spring Term: Official Final Transcripts due by January 10th
  • Fall Term: Official Final Transcripts due by July 10th


Advanced Placement Credit

SSU awards credit for College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) Advanced Placement (AP) Exams with scores of 3, 4, or 5. Students must have official AP score reports sent by the College Board to the SSU Office of Admissions for evaluation. To view a chart listing SSU course comparability and detailing how AP Exams meet General Education requirements, visit the Exam Course Equivalencies.

International Baccalaureate Credit

Credit for International Baccalaureate (IB) is granted for a limited number (some) Higher Level IB exams. No credit is granted for the subsidiary level exams. An official IB transcript must be submitted for credit review.

Military Credit

Four units of credit are granted for honorable completion of basic training of United States military training as evidenced by a copy of the separation paper (DD214) on file in the Admissions and Records Office. Additional credit for military courses may be granted upon evaluation of course content and as recommended in the American Council on Education Guide. Military transcripts can be sent using Joint Services Transcript.

Foreign Coursework Evaluations

Students must submit an official, sealed copy of their foreign transcripts. If your school does not issue transcripts in English, we will also need a word-for-word certified English translation. Transcripts and other docudemtns should be sent to the Admissions office in order for credits to be reviewed and posted on individual student records.

SSU regularly accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation service listed as a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).The credential evaluation report submitted to SSU should include the following information:

  • Accreditation credentials of school or university
  • Lower/upper division course recommendations
  • Course titles and descriptions (if possible)
  • School calendar system
  • Units (credits) and grades

The report must state that the school is equivalent to a regionally accredited United States institution.

SSU recognizes coursework that may meet the requirements for general education or major coursework.