If you are applying to a graduate or credential program, you will have two separate application processes pending: one to the University and one to the specific graduate program. Be sure to contact the department to learn their deadlines and requirements, which are in addition to those of the University. See Degree Programs for a list of all graduate programs with links to their departments.
After you apply online to the university, you will receive an email response to let you know the application was successfully submitted. Please keep this email, as it also contains important information about the processing of your application.
If applicants meet the minimum requirements for graduate and postbaccalaureate studies, they will be considered for admission in one of the four following categories.
- Postbaccalaureate Unclassified
- To enroll in courses for professional or personal growth, applicants must be admitted as postbaccalaureate unclassified students. Students must meet the general requirements noted above. Please note that these applications are only reviewed on a space-available basis; depending on enrollment levels, SSU may be closed to these applications entirely. In addition, admission in this status does not constitute admission to, or grant any priority in future admission to, any graduate or credential program. Some departments may restrict enrollment of unclassified students due to heavy enrollment pressure.
- Postbaccalaureate Classified
- This status is for students admitted to a credential or certificate program.
- Graduate Conditionally Classified
- Applicants may be admitted to a graduate degree program in this category if, in the opinion of the appropriate campus authority, they can remedy deficiencies by additional preparation.
- Graduate Classified
- This status is for students who are pursuing graduate degrees. Students who are admitted to graduate programs will be required to fulfill all of the requirements prescribed by the campus.